Technologies & Platforms
We want to help make your business run better
We can design bespoke applications based on Microsoft .NET and SQL Server or configure off-the-shelf commercial or open-source software such as SugarCRM and DotNetNuke to produce a highly efficient solution for your company. Our innovative nature coupled with wealth of experience means we can build you a system that fits in with your company’s processes, rather than fitting your company’s processes into someone else’s interpretation of how you should be working. When we design a system, we design it to work day in, day out – because we don’t like things going wrong.
We know that IT systems need to adapt and grow with your business as your priorities change over time. We have an extensive development and test infrastructure which means we can start work quickly and you see results fast. From initial requirements capture, through design, development and testing we will work with you to deliver your system piece by piece, giving you the confidence that we are delivering exactly what you want. We deliver robust future-proofed systems based on proven Microsoft technologies.
Web Based Solutions
Web-based solutions are available to your staff wherever they are. They are easy to manage, maintain and unlike traditional applications they do not need to be installed on each individual’s machine. Our web-based applications can economically scale with your business from single user up to many thousands. We have processes that ensure our web-based systems are inherently secure, protecting your business critical data and your customers privacy.
Mobile App Development
We build iPhone & iPad apps to ensure your customers keep coming back to you. Whether you want a booking system or simply a way of reaching out with the latest news from your company, we can build it for iPhone, Android or Windows Phone. Our websites are designed to work with our apps, so when you have a content management system designed by us, you know the information held in it can be extended to an app running on iOS, Android or Windows Phone smartphones.
We are extremely confident in our ability to design and support SQL Server based applications. By involving us in your project, you will benefit from our SQL Server experience, each of our SQL developers has over 10 years experience in the design and development of SQL Server based applications.
By involving Solvd in your project, you will benefit from our SQL Server Database Administration and Design staff, each with over 10 years experience in the design, development and database administration of Microsoft SQL Server based applications. Before joining Solvd our SQL experts worked for the largest IT outsourcing company in the world where they designed and supported some of the most mission critical applications for UK Central Government.
A database built with Microsoft SQL Server allows you to store and manage data vital to your business with the highest level of reliability, scalability and security. Stored data can be structured such as names and addresses or unstructured such as photos and rich media. This data can be queried, added to, updated or deleted using bespoke applications or tools such as Microsoft Office. Using SQL Server Reporting services, we can develop custom reporting applications for you to view and analysis your data and help you with your business.
If you want to scale, improve or re-platform your database using Microsoft SQL Server or just need a healthcheck if its running slowly give us a call.
We have in-depth experience using the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server platform (MOSS). Our experience is with SharePoint 2007, 2010 & 2013. These integrated suites of products can help improve the effectiveness of your business by:
- Providing comprehensive content management and search facilities – store your information easily and have the ability to search through your content. Approval workflow processes allow documents to be checked out, edited, approved and checked back in. Different versions of a document can be viewed and these previous versions can even be restored.
- Simplifying information sharing and business processes across your business – connect your staff or customers with the information and resources they need. Users can create calendars, tasks, blogs and wikis, organise documents and receive announcements and alerts.
- Securing company information using the Microsoft security model – memberships and permissions can easily be set on subsites, document libraries or individual documents and items so you can be re-assured that your information is safe and can only be accessed by those with the necessary permissions.
Please contact us if you need help or advice with any of the following:
- Installation and administration of intranet and extranet environments.
- Design and creation of custom site definitions and workflows both basic and customised.
- The development of WebParts using Microsoft Visual Studio and SharePoint Designer.
- Backup and restore of web server farms, including WebParts and template pages.
Some of the things we’ve worked on…
Here’s a short list of some of the solutions we’ve worked on in the past:
- Single Sign On (SSO) Solutions: EnTrust® GetAccess®, UK Government Gateway
- Upgrades to Microsoft .NET: from Microsoft® Visual Basic or other languages
- Data Capture: manual using data entry, or automated with RFID or barcode technology
- Online Calculator Engines: Online ‘wizard’ based applications based on custom rule engines
- Web Services: Development of various web services for communication with Government services
- Microsoft Office Integration: CRM applications, mail merge functionality, custom label printing solutions
- SMS Messaging: Bulk SMS delivery, notification systems
- Documentum eRoom: Customisation of eRoom and development of plugins
- Microsoft SharePoint: Development of Web Parts